Event Schedule & Ticket Packages
Friday March 1st Back to full schedule
General SMOKED! presented by Performance Foodservice
+ Combo Package Available
1500 E Main St. Richmond
7:15 pm - 10:00 pm
Held in spectacular Main Street Station, this all-inclusive, indulgent, food, wine, whiskey, and barrel-aged craft beer event has been dramatically enhanced in 2019 with some of the country's most legendary barbecue restaurants, an incredibly diverse selection of global cuisines and award-winning food entrepreneurs presenting some of their signature and innovative smoked products representing various regions of the U.S. and the world. You'll taste a wide variety of dishes and ingredients representing a diversity of cultures and cuisines. Also, enjoy live music by Zack Artis, an amazing guitarist!
Ticket Package Availability: General SMOKED! is not available in any ticket packages, but VIP/Early SMOKED! is included in several ticket packages. Full details on the ticket pages can be found on the Ticket Packages page and can be purchased on the ticket page.
What will you experience?
- Enjoy various styles of smoked cuisine from the U.S. and the world
- Food selections will run the gamut and will satisfy meat-lovers and vegetarians. There will be seafood as well. Most selections will have a smoked element to them. There will be some non-smoked selections as well. The food will represent muliple cusines from around the world, including American, Indian, Chinese, Scandanavia/Scottish, etc.
- Savor top-scoring wines from Virginia, Chile, and Central Coast, Santa Cruz Mountains and Southern California. THERE WILL BE 20+ HIGHLY RATED AND AWARD-WINNING WINES TO TASTE
- Sip on top-shelf whiskeys from Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia and Scotland. THERE WILL BE 50+ TOP SHELF WHISKEYS TO TASTE
- Sample a curated selection of barrel-aged and other special craft beers and ciders
- You keep either a Riedel crystal wine glass or a Riedel crystal whiskey/wine glass (you choose the glass you like when you enter)
- Complimentary coat check
- There will be a designated smoking area and Cigar Lounge located outside. Havana Connections will be offering the cigars for sale during the event.
Currently committed to the event are the following barbecue restaurants below. Please note that the talent for this event will include restaurants, caterers, and food artisans other than the barbecue restaurants. Dishes mentioned are subject to change.
- Skylight Inn BBQ (eastern North-Carolina style)
- Buz & Ned's Real Barbecue (Central-Virginia style)
- Edwards Hams of Virginia - various smoked hams, pickled vegetables and more
- David Napier's White House Catering
- Yellow Umbrella Provisions (world-class smoked seafood and handcrafted meats)
- Everyday Gourmet
- The Scottish Salmon Company - the world's leading artisan producer of fresh, cold-smoked and hot-smoked salmon. This product is breeded, farmed and processed straight from the salt water sea lochs of the Western Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
- Peter Chang Restaurant - led by legendary sichuan Master Chef Peter Chang, dishes will includes smoked chicken, sichuan sausage, quail egg and vegetarian dishes
- SMoHK - brilliant smoked ribeye and turkey
- India K' Raja - tandoor turkey, lamb and eggplant
- Solex Fine Foods/Catsmo Artisan Smokehouse - Imported 12-Year-Old Malt Scotch Whiskey Smoked Salmon, Catsmo Pastrami Smoked Salmon and Catsmo Russian Vodka & Dill Smoked Salmon
- Chef Brian Mullins - Senior Resident Chef at the Publix Aprons Cooking School and Catering in Richmond, VA - Smoked duck dish (TBD)
- Gearhart's Fine Chocolates - whiskey-infused chocolate truffles
- Vegetarian sides
And many more surprises... Please check this page for updates as we confirm more talent for the event.
Belmont Butchery's Tanya Cauthen Debones a Suckling Pig and Makes Pig Porchetta, Which You Can Win for Free in a Raffle at SMOKED!
Food Network "Chopped" champion, Tanya Cauthen, owner of Richmond's 'Belmont Butchery' in Carytown, will walk through and describe the steps of deboning a suckling pig. She will then take a homemade pork sausage based filling and stuff the pig, ultimately making a world-class Pig Porchetta. Each Attendee at SMOKED will automatically be entered into a raffle by virtue of buying a ticket to and attending SMOKED! In order to win the 20-25lb pig porchetta, you need to stay at SMOKED until 9 pm. If you win, you will be able to pick it up the next day at Belmont Butchery in Carytown. The porchetta will fit in a standard oven and feeds 20+ people easily. Tanya will give you cooking directions too!
The Virginia Wine Expo benefits the Virginia Distillers Association and the Autism Society of Central Virginia.
All inclusive. Price Covers Food & Drink. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special.
THE LIST OF DISTILLERIES AND WINERIES FOR 2019 WILL BE POSTED BEGINNING IN MID-JANUARY OF 2019
THE DISTILLERIES BELOW ARE FROM 2018
List of Whiskeys*
Blackback Lucky 13 Rye (VC)
Reservoir (full line)
Catoctin Creek (full line)
A. Smith Bowman (full line)
Filibuster (full line)
Cheasapeake (full line)
KO (full line)
McCauley's (full line)
Ragged Branch (full line)
Evan Williams Black
Evan Williams 1783
Evan Williams White
Evan Williams Single Barrel
Henry McKenna Single Barrel BIB
Rittenhouse Rye 100 Proof
Elijah Craig Small Batch Barrel Proof (VIP)
Breckenridge Port Cask Finish (VIP)
Breckenridge Distillers High Proof Blend (VIP)
Stranahan Diamond Peak (VIP)
High West American Prairie
High West Double Rye
High West Campfire (VIP)
High West Rendezvois (VIP)
Four Roses Small Batch
Four Roses Single Barrel
Pikesville Rye 110 Proof
Macallen 12 Year Double Cask (VIP)
Highland Park Magnus
The Glenrothes Vintage Reserve
The Glenrothes Sherry Cask Reserve
The Glenrothes Bourbon Cask Reserve
Climax Wood Fired Whiskey
1792 Small Batch
1792 Single Barrel
Buffalo Trace Organic 6 Grain (VIP)
Old Forrester (VC)
Old Forrester 1870 (VC)
Old Forrester 1897 (VC) (VIP)
Eagle Rare (VC)
Laphroig Select (VC)
Laphroig 10 Year (VC)
Woodford Reserve (VC)
Woodford Rye (VC)
*List is tentative and subject to change
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Brenner Pass Signature Wine Dinner
4:15 pm - 7:30 pm
Bounty of Virginia presented by Performance Foodservice
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Winemaker’s Pairing Dinner at the Publix Aprons Cooking School
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
General Afternoon Walk-Around Grand Tasting
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
General Evening Walk-Around Grand Tasting
10:30 am - 1:00 pm
Rooted in Richmond Sparkling Brunch
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
A Noodle & Dumpling Affair presented by Sichuan Master Chef Peter Chang
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Cooking With Wine: Hands-On Cooking Workshop at the Publix Aprons Cooking School
9:00 pm - 11:30 pm
12:00 pm - 1:45 pm
The Lusty Oyster Sparkling Wine Lunch at The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing
8:00 pm - 10:30 pm
When Dixie Met Margaux at Spoonbread Bistro
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting