Event Schedule & Ticket Packages
Saturday March 2nd Back to full schedule
General Evening Walk-Around Grand Tasting
1500 E Main St. Richmond
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Join us at spectacular Main Street Station in historic Shockoe Bottom for a premier tasting of a finely curated selection of hundreds of premium Virginia, Chilean, Central Coast, Santa Cruz Mountains and Southern California wines, Virginia spirits, Virginia ciders, artisan foods and specialty products. This is THE most popular event at the Expo and offers a premier tasting experience at a beautiful, world-class venue.
There are five different Walk-Around Grand Tasting sessions, including this Saturday Evening General session from 7 pm to 10 pm. The other four sessions are as follows:
- Saturday VIP/Early Afternoon, 12 pm to 4:30 pm (get in one hour early and access to special bottles not available to General Admission attendees)
- Saturday General Afternoon, 1 pm to 4:30 pm
- Saturday VIP/Early Evening, 6 pm to 10 pm (get in one hour early and access to special bottles not available to General Admission attendees)
- Sunday VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special, 12 pm to 4:30 pm (all attendees get a 4 hour/30 minute session for the General Admission price)
Ticket Package Availability:
If you want a special weekend culinary experience, this event cannot be purchased as part of this General Evening session. However, the VIP/Early Evening session is part of several ticket packages. Full details on the ticket pages can be found on the Ticket Packages page and can be purchased on the ticket page.
What will you experience?
- All-inclusive, curated walk-around grand tasting, including tasting hundreds of wines, spirits, ciders and specialty food
- Chile is the International Guest Region and Central, Santa Cruz Mountains and Southern California is the National Guest Region in 2019
- A major buying opportunity: most Virginia wines and all Virginia spirits and ciders will be available for sale to take home
- You receive a Riedel crystal wine glass to use at the event and take home
- The alcoholic beverage tasting ends at 9:45 pm sharp but purchases of alcoholic beverages to go or any other products at the Expo may be made until 10:00 pm
- A complimentary wine check service will be available so that you do not have to carry or hold your wines during the session
- Specialty food and artisan, luxury products available to sample and purchase
- The food sampling will not be enough for a meal. However, meal-size food will be sold separately at the event
- Please see signage on individual wine booths to determine whether Virginia wines will or will not be for sale (most will be for sale). There is no limit on how much wine (and spirits and cider) you are permitted to buy to take home
- Non-Virginia wine can not be purchased per Virginia ABC rules
- A complimentary coat check service will be available
- Complimentary water provided
- Tables, lounge chairs and cocktail rounds will be spread out throughout the Shed for your convenience
- Wear comfortable shoes
The Virginia Wine Expo benefits the Virginia Distillers Association.
All inclusive. Price Covers Wine, Spirits and Cider Tasting, Complimentary Wine/Coat Check and Water. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special.
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Brenner Pass Signature Wine Dinner
4:15 pm - 7:30 pm
Bounty of Virginia presented by Performance Foodservice
7:15 pm - 10:00 pm
General SMOKED! presented by Performance Foodservice
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Winemaker’s Pairing Dinner at the Publix Aprons Cooking School
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
General Afternoon Walk-Around Grand Tasting
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting