Event Schedule & Ticket Packages
Saturday March 3rd Back to full schedule
General Afternoon Walk-Around Grand Tasting
1500 E Main St. Richmond
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join us in the "Shed" at spectacular Main Street Station in historic Shockoe Bottom in downtown Richmond for a premier tasting of a well curated assortment of premium Virginia, Oregon, New Zealand and Australian wines (along with a selection of wines from several other wine regions), Virginia spirits, Virginia ciders, artisan foods and specialty products. This is THE most popular event at the Expo and offers a premier tasting experience at a beautiful, world-class venue.
Our new home for the Walk-Around Grand Tastings - the "Shed" at Main Street Station - has stained-wood cathedral ceilings and floor-to-ceiling bay windows with views of downtown Richmond to the West and historic Church Hill to the East.
NEW in 2018 - the Walk-Around Grand Tastings will now include Virginia spirits. The spirits, poured by owners or knowledgeable representatives, are included with the wines, ciders, and specialty food sampling at no extra cost. Some of the Virginia spirits may be purchased to take home. The Virginia Distillery Association is a new partner of the Virginia Wine Expo.
NEW in 2018 - all wines - including from Virginia - will be curated by our team in advance. Taste why Virginia (with 260+ wineries) has emerged as one of America's premier wine regions. Enjoy comparing and contrasting the Virginia wines to wines from our National Guest Region, Oregon, and our International Guest Region, New Zealand and Australia. Many of the Virginia wines you'll taste will be for sale to take home.
Ticket Package Availability:
There are no combo deals available with this ticket type. However, the VIP/Early Afternoon Walk-Around Grand Tasting session, which begins an hour earlier, has three combo deal opportunities.
Key points of information for your consideration:
- A ticket to the Walk-Around Grand Tasting is all-inclusive. It includes the cost of admission and the cost for the privilege to sample hundreds of wines spirits, ciders and artisan food. You receive a complimentary Riedel crystal wine glass.
- The food sampling will not be enough for a meal. However, meal-size food will be sold separately at the event
- With regard to Virginia wine, you may sample it, (in most cases) buy full glasses, (in most cases) buy bottles to open up in the shed at Main Street Station, and (in most cases) buy bottles to take home. Please see signage on individual wine booths to determine whether Virginia wines are for sale. There is no limit on how much wine you are permitted to buy.
- With regard to the Oregon, Australian and New Zealand wine, you may sample what is available. However, these wines cannot be purchased by the glass or bottle per event policies set by the banquet license-holder for the event, Richmond Performing Arts Alliance and per Virginia ABC regulations.
- There will be a wine check service this year. Also, volunteers will be available to assist you if you need help carrying your wine purchases to your car
- Tables and cocktail rounds will be spread out throughout the Shed for your convenience
- Complimentary water will be available throughout the Shed so you can hydrate and cleanse your palate and wine glass
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- There will be a complimentary Coat Check service available
- If you do not want to consume alcoholic beverages, there is a separate Admission “non-drinking” ticket available. Please find this ticket on the ticket page.
All inclusive. Price covers all wines, spirits and specialty food sampling (not enough for a meal). 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special.
Benefits Richmond Performing Arts Alliance.
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Master Class Seminar: Best of Australia/New Zealand & Virginia Comparative Wine Tasting
11:45 am - 1:15 pm
Master Class Seminar: Virginia’s Top 12 Award-Winning Wines
6:15 pm - 10:00 pm
VIP/Early Burger Blast™ - An Epicurean Burger, Wine & Craft Beer Experience
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting