Event Schedule & Ticket Packages
Sunday March 3rd Back to full schedule
VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special
+ Combo Package Available
1500 E Main St. Richmond
12:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Join us at spectacular Main Street Station in historic Shockoe Bottom for a premier tasting of a finely curated selection of hundreds of premium Virginia, Chilean, Central Coast, Santa Cruz Mountains and Southern California wines, Virginia spirits, Virginia ciders, artisan foods and specialty products. This is THE most popular event at the Expo and offers a premier tasting experience at a beautiful, world-class venue.
There are five different Walk-Around Grand Tasting sessions, including this Sunday VIP Locals Sunday Special session from 12 pm to 4:30 pm. The other four sessions are as follows:
- Saturday VIP/Early Afternoon, 12 pm to 4:30 pm (get in one hour early and access to special bottles not available to General Admission attendees)
- Saturday General Afternoon, 1 pm to 4:30 pm
- Saturday VIP/Early Evening, 6 pm to 10 pm (get in one hour early and access to special bottles not available to General Admission attendees)
- Saturday General Evening, 7 pm to 10 pm
Ticket Package Availability:
If you want a special weekend culinary experience, this event can be purchased as part of several different ticket packages. Full details on the ticket pages can be found on the Ticket Packages page and can be purchased on the ticket page.
What will you experience?
- All-inclusive, curated walk-around grand tasting, including tasting hundreds of wines, spirits, ciders, and specialty food
- A major buying opportunity: most Virginia wines and all Virginia spirits and ciders will be available for sale to take home
- You receive a Riedel crystal wine glass to use at the event and take home
- The alcoholic beverage tasting ends at 4 pm sharp but purchases of alcoholic beverages to go or any other products at the Expo may be made until 4:30 pm
- Chile is the International Guest Region and Central Coast, Santa Cruz Mountains and Southern California is the National Guest Region in 2019
- A complimentary wine check service will be available so that you do not have to carry or hold your wines during the session
- Specialty food and artisan, luxury products available to sample and purchase
- The food sampling will not be enough for a meal. However, meal-size food will be sold separately at the event
- Please see signage on individual wine booths to determine whether Virginia wines will or will not be for sale (most will be for sale). There is no limit on how much wine (and spirits and cider) you are permitted to buy
- Non-Virginia wine can not be purchased per Virginia ABC rules
- A complimentary coat check service will be available
- Complimentary water provided
- Tables, lounge chairs and cocktail rounds will be spread out throughout the Shed for your convenience
- Wear comfortable shoes
The Virginia Wine Expo benefits the Virginia Distillers Association.
All inclusive. Price Covers Food & Drink. Attendees under 21 are permitted, including infants or strollers but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 21 or over.
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Lemaire Signature Wine Dinner
10:30 am - 1:00 pm
Rooted in Richmond Sparkling Brunch
6:15 pm - 10:00 pm
VIP/Early SMOKED! presented by Performance Foodservice
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
VIP/Early Evening Walk-Around Grand Tasting
12:00 pm - 1:45 pm
The Lusty Oyster Sparkling Wine Lunch at The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting