Event Schedule & Ticket Packages
Thursday March 1st Back to full schedule
General Burger Blast presented by Richmond magazine
+ Combo Package Available
1500 E Main St. Richmond
7:15 pm - 10:00 pm
Held in the spectacular revitalized Main Street Station first floor railway depot underneath the "shed", imagine some of Richmond's best chefs presenting their creative takes on the iconic burger - made fresh inside AND outside (on grills) - along with handpicked wines from Virginia, New Zealand, Australia and Oregon and a well-curated selection of extraordinary limited release craft beers from Richmond's and Virginia's best craft breweries and other craft brewers across the U.S. Enjoy live music. All-inclusive.
BUY EARLY - This event is being held in a new and very cool location with lower ticket capacity compared to previous years.
For the first time, chefs will have the flexibility to cook their burgers indoors or outdoors, providing you with a much wider array of flavor profiles.
Please note that Burger Blast is not a substitute for the Saturday and Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tastings, where you'll taste hundreds of Virginia, New Zealand, Australia and Oregon wines and Virginia spirits. From a craft beverage standpoint, Burger Blast is a hybrid event featuring extraordinary wine and craft beer.
Ticket Package Availability:
If you want a special weekend culinary experience that includes Burger Blast, then please go to the VIP/Early Burger Blast page, which has a combo deal available. The General Burger Blast session is not offered in any of our combo deals. Please go to the ticket page and scroll down to the bottom to find all eight of our combo deals.
Here's What You'll Experience at the General Admission Burger Blast:
- 13+ of Richmond’s finest chefs will create artisan, handcrafted, slider-size burgers (indoor and outdoor cooking permitted) with a myriad of different ingredients and toppings. You have the opportunity to eat all of them (if you try, we recommend sharing!) and wash them down with the finest local, seasonal and limited release Virginia craft beers and a well-curated selection of Virginia, New Zealand, Australia and Oregon wines. You’ll also enjoy live music. Vegetarians will have a few meatless, yet incredibly tasty, options. This event is perfect for foodies, wine lovers and craft beer enthusiasts.
- Please note that some Virginia wines may be purchased by the bottle.
- THE VIP/Early Burger Blast ticket will get you into Burger Blast one hour early (at 6:15 pm).
- You keep a beautiful Riedel crystal wine glass.
- The ticket price includes ALL of the burgers and samples of ALL of the wines, ciders and craft beers
- There will be great live music
- Awards presentation for the top three burgers chosen by our expert panel of foodie judges
- Casual, smart casual or after-work attire acceptable.
Benefits Richmond Performing Arts Alliance.
21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special.
Burger Blast 2017 Craft Beers - AVAILABLE ON THE VIP/EARLY ADMISSION BURGER BLAST PAGE
SEE VIP TICKET DESCRIPTION FOR RESTAURANT LISTING.
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
General Afternoon Walk-Around Grand Tasting
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
VIP/Early Afternoon Walk-Around Grand Tasting
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Earthy Elegance Wine Dinner at Shagbark
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting