Event Schedule & Ticket Packages
Friday March 6th Back to full schedule
General SMOKED! presented by Performance Foodservice ~ (wine, whiskey + global smoked cuisine)
+ Combo Package Available
1500 E Main St. Richmond
7:15 pm - 10:00 pm
Year after year we're just blown away by the creativity shown by our chefs at SMOKED! We can't wait for what they have in store next. The heart of SMOKED! are the 30+ dishes of perfectly smoked artisan food representing a diversity of cuisines from around the world. The soul of the event are the 35+ top-shelf whiskeys from Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee and Scotland, dozens of highly rated wines from Virginia, Bordeaux + Loire Valley, France and Washington State, and a curated selection of barrel aged craft beers. The event encourages attendees to experiment and taste the various ways different cultures apply the magic of wood, fire, flames and smoke to a wide variety of ingredients, dishes and recipes.
Held in spectacular Main Street Station, this all-inclusive, indulgent, food, wine, whiskey, and barrel-aged craft beer event will satiate foodies, wine lovers and whiskey enthusiasts.
Ticket Package Availability
- General SMOKED! is not available in any ticket packages, but VIP/Early SMOKED! is included in several ticket packages. Full details on the ticket packages can be found on the Ticket Packages page and can be purchased on the ticket page.
- Enjoy various styles of smoked cuisine from the U.S. and the world
- Food selections will run the gamut and will satisfy meat-lovers and vegetarians. There will be seafood as well. Most selections will have a smoked element to them. There will be some non-smoked selections as well.
- Savor top-scoring wines from Virginia, Bordeaux/Loire Valley, France and Washington State. THERE WILL BE 20+ HIGHLY RATED AND AWARD-WINNING WINES TO TASTE.
- Sip on top-shelf whiskeysfrom Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia and Scotland. THERE WILL BE 40+ TOP SHELF WHISKEYS TO TASTE
- NEW - we will offer wine/spirits check service at this event in 2020. So if you buy wine or spirits bottle(s) to go, the Expo will hold your product until you leave. Please note that only Virginia spirits will be available to taste and buy
- Sample a curated selection of barrel-agedand other special craft beers and ciders
- You keep either a Riedel crystal wine glass or a Riedel crystal whiskey/wine glass (you choose the glass you like when you enter)
- Complimentary coat check
- There will be a designated smoking area and Cigar Lounge located outside. Havana Connections will be offering the cigars for sale during the event.
- Amtrak stops directly at Main Street Station
- Street parking and parking lots are readily accessible and within easy walking distance to Main Street Station
- GRTC Pulse has a station in front of Main Street Station.
- Bike and scooter parking is available.
Talent and Restaurants (much more coming soon)
- Lexington BBQ (legendary western North-Carolina style)
- ZZQ (Texas style)
Please check this page for updates as we confirm more talent and restaurants for the event.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE LIST OF DISTILLED SPIRITS, WINES AND CRAFT BEERS FOR 2020 WILL BE RELEASED IN EARLY 2020
THE TENTATIVE LIST OF VIRGINIA DISTILLERIES FOR 2019*
A Smith Bowman
THE TENTATIVE LIST OF NATIONAL DISTILLERIES FOR 2019*
Sagamore Cask Strength
Sagamore Double Oak
Belle Meade Bourbon
Belle Meade Cognac Finish
Belle Meade Madiera Finish
Belle Meade Sherry Finish
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof
Evan Williams Black Label
Evan Williams While Label
Henry McKenna Single Barrel BIB
Breckenridge Port Cask
Breckenridge PX Sherry Cask
Hudson 4 Grain Whiskey
Wild Turkey 101
High West American Prairie Bourbon
High West Double Rye
High West Rendezvois Rye
High West Campfire
Stranahan Colorado Whiskey
Stranahan Single Barrel Cask
Balcones Baby Blue
Balcones One Texas Single Malt
Balcones Texas Blue Corn
Magnus Highland Park
The Glenrothes Vintage Reserve
The Glenrothes Bourbon Cask
The Glenrothes Sherry Cask
1792 Small Batch Bourbon
Eagle Rare 10 Yr
Blanton Single Barrel Bourbon
Four Roses Small Batch
Four Roses Single Barrel
Auchentoshan 3 Wood Scotch
Auchentoshan American Oak Scotch
Laphroaig Single Malt 10 yr Scotch
Old Forester 1870 Craft
Old Forester Bourbon
Old Forester Signature
Climax Wood Fired Whiskey
Knappogue Castle 12 Year Single Malt
Powers Gold Label Irish Whiskey
Pogues Irish Whiskey
Bushmills Black Bush
*List is tentative and subject to change
The Virginia Wine Expo benefits the J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College Educational Foundation.
All inclusive. Price Covers Food & Drink. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 8, 2020 at historic Main Street Station.
10:30 am - 1:00 pm
Bounty of Virginia Brunch presented by Performance Foodservice
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
General Afternoon Walk-Around Grand Tasting
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
General Evening Walk-Around Grand Tasting
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
General Ultimate Brew Fest
6:15 pm - 10:00 pm
VIP/Early SMOKED! presented by Performance Foodservice ~ (wine, whiskey + global smoked cuisine)
12:00 pm - 4:30 pm
VIP/Early Afternoon Walk-Around Grand Tasting
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting