Event Schedule & Ticket Packages
Wednesday November 6th Back to full schedule
Q by Peter Chang Signature Wine Dinner presented by Peter Chang
4500 E W Highway #100 Bethesda, Maryland 20814
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Universally acclaimed as one of the country's most talented and innovative Chinese chefs, Peter Chang will present 12+ courses of his brilliant cuisine for this traditional, family-style wine pairing dinner at his flagship "palace of modern Chinese cuisine" - Q by Peter Chang - in downtown Bethesda, Maryland.
Foodies, devoted Changians and Peter Chang newbies alike will revel at this rare opportunity to savor dishes that Peter makes exclusively at "Q", which means Qijian or "flagship" in Chinese. "Q" has special kitchen equipment and a phalanx of talented sous chefs which allow Peter to turn out unique, beautiful and delicious dishes.
- All-inclusive 12+ course wine pairing dinner, traditional-family style
- A reception will be held from 6:30pm to 7:00pm and you will be served a sparkling to whet your appetite
- The dinner will begin at 7:00p.m.
- You may arrive any time after 6:15 pm.
- We are sorry but there are no special dietary restrictions or preferences at this dinner
- A public parking lot can be found on Waverly Street less than 2 blocks from the restaurant. There is street parking nearby too.
- Smart casual dress
- We strongly recommend you have a light lunch!
- Acclaimed Sichuan Chef Peter Chang, who has been named a finalist for the best chef Mid-Atlantic for the James Beard Foundation, will personally oversee this exceptional dinner. Peter Chang's talent is world-class. The former chef at the Chinese Embassy in Washington, D.C. became a living legend for his brilliant flair and subtlety in the kitchen and for many years was pursued by crazed "Changians" who followed him as he made his way to different restaurants around the southeast U.S. until he finally set down roots in Virginia and Maryland.
- Luca Paschina - Winemaker for and Manager of Barboursville Vineyards, inducted into the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic and named by the James Beard Foundation as one of the 25 most significant wine professionals in North America, Luca will personally lead guests through the wine pairings at the dinner.
A third generation winemaker, born in Torino he graduated from the School of enology in Alba in 1981 and then worked in grape-growing and winemaking in Piemonte, Puglia, Napa Valley, Finger Lakes, NY and Switzerland.
He has been managing the Barboursville Vineyards Estate since July 1990 and during his tenure the Estate has grown from 18 hectares in vine to 85. The Estate has been at the forefront of developing this young wine region of Virginia, by the late 90’s wine critics around the world started to take notice and reported that a wine called Octagon, a Bordeaux blend based on Merlot and Cabernet Franc was of superior quality and comparable to some of the best from the old world.
The Estate and it’s wines have been very favorably reviewed through the years by influential UK wine critics such as Michael Broadbent, Steven Spurrier, Jancis Robinson, Tom Stevenson and USA magazines such as Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast.
The Estate is located 2 hours south of Washington DC at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Menu - Tentative
The menu below showcases Peter Chang's singular, world-class talent and the talents of his sous chefs. Whether you are a "Changian" or have never tasted Peter's cuisine, this traditional banquet-style dinner will blow you away. Please note that this menu is subject to change and is not presented in the order in which it will be served, which is still to be determined.
Please note that the dishes will be served family style, which is the traditional manner in which celebratory meals are served in China. The dishes will be served - usually two at a time - on large platters and guests will have the opportunity to take a serving themselves and then, later in the meal, have an opportunity to go back and re-taste a dish if they wish.
- hot & numbing beef
- pork belly rolls with mint
- dry fried duo
- chili sea bass
- gusong homestyle fish ball soup
- crystal lobster with ginger
- yangtze river beef
- blue crab pearls with sticky rice
- pork belly & mushroom casserole
- "caochuanjiejian" cumin lamb skewers on bamboo boat
- furong chicken with pumpkin juice
- jingjiang shredded duck
- buddha style beancurd with bok choy
- black bean & jalapeno branzino
- Peter Chang special dessert
- Barboursville Vineyards, Virginia's flagship winery, will pair its premier wines with Peter Chang's cuisine. Wine pairings coming soon.
The Virginia Wine Expo benefits the J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College Educational Foundation.
All inclusive. Price Covers Food & Drink. 21 and over only and no infants or strollers, except at the VIP Walk-Around Grand Tasting Locals Sunday Special on Sunday, March 8, 2020 at historic Main Street Station in Richmond.
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
A Farm to Table Signature Wine Dinner at Dover Hall Estate
10:30 am - 1:00 pm
Bounty of Virginia Brunch presented by Performance Foodservice
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Chic Yet Classically French Signature Wine Dinner at Bistro Bobette
12:00 pm - 1:30
Grisette’s Celebration of the Duck Wine Lunch
Advance tickets will only be available for sale on this website. Tickets may be available at the door at an increased price unless sold out. All tickets to the Virginia Wine Expo are nonrefundable.
Attendees must be 21 years of age or older to attend all Expo events, except the Sunday Walk-Around Grand Tasting